Filter upgrade boosts HEPA 500 functionality.
HEPA filtration is increasingly seen as the single most important safety device available for creating a safe environment for jobsite workers. Now, with the Activated Carbon Filter, the DefendAir can play an even more important role in keeping an enclosed environment clean and safe - both for workers and for occupants.
The activated carbon filter now equips the HEPA 500 to capture a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including soot and smoke, food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other compounds.
No modification of the DefendAir is required - users simply place the new carbon filter inside the cabinet in front of HEPA filter, and then re-secure the cover. Capacity of the carbon filter will vary widely depending on conditions, but it should be replaced when a decline of effectiveness is noted.
- Captures a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs & MVOCs)
- Utilizes Extruded Activated Carbon – carbon pellets manufactured to uniform size helps to ensure maximum airflow and maximum contact
- Works by adsorption, carbon filtration’s natural ability to attract and hold gas and liquid molecules on its surface.
- One pound of carbon has 534,438 square yards of available surface – equivalent to the area covered by more than 100 football fields.
- Media: Utilizes Extruded Activated Carbon - 2.2 lbs. of carbon pellets manufactured to uniform size help to ensure maximum airflow and maximum contact
- Filter Frame: Sturdy frame won't flex or leak
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtering configuration for the job at hand.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||(no filter necessary)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 or AC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||1st Stage Pre-Filter (F270)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 or AC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||(no filter necessary)||DOP Pre-Filter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397) or OdorKlenz Air (AR70)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 or AC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
- 1st Stage Pre-Filter (F270). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 10% efficiency. Captures the largest particles to help extend the life of the higher efficiency filters inside. More info.
- 2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 or AC36F2). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 30% efficiency. Captures larger particles to help extend the life of the HEPA filter. More info.
- DOP Stage 2 Pre-Filter (F415). Use of the DOP filter ensures laboratory-rated performance for sensitive jobs requiring first-pass HEPA filtration. More info.
- Activated Carbon Filter (F397). The activated carbon filter allows the removal of a wide variety of compounds, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors. Combining activated carbon filtration with HEPA filtration is especially effective in removing airborne soot particles and the odors they create. More info
- OdorKlenz-Air® (AR70) is a non-invasive odor restoration process used by restoration contractors after fires, floods, sewer back-ups, and other disasters to rapidly restore indoor air quality. The OdorKlenz-Air Cartridge installs in portable air scrubbers and treats the odor-polluted air as it passes through the system. Since the process removes and destructively absorbs airborne odor-causing molecules and retains them inside the cartridge, it is safer and greener than other odor treatment methods which generate or release chemicals and fragrances into the environment. More info
- HEPA filter (F321). The HEPA filter has an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles. The HEPA filtration standard was developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories. More info.