Leather Master Ink Away is designed specifically to remove ink and lipstick from pigmented leather.
Inks are essentially dyes, which means the longer they have to dry and cure the harder they are to remove. Leather Master Ink Away works best on fresh ink (3-5 days old). If the ink stain is older, please contact us for cleaning advice.
Ink is a tough stain, so you need a strong product to remove it. Leather Master Ink Away is a strong product – you should take some precautions when using it. Take care to use the product only on the ink mark – use a cotton tip or toothpick to apply the product. Gently massage the product in – do not rub or scrub. Once you have removed the ink, clean the area with Soft Cleaner to remove all traces of the Ink Away.
Please note: Leather Master Ink Away will remove fresh ink and lipstick marks, but it will not remove permanent marker. Ink Away works best on leather that has been protected with Leather Protection Cream.
Suitable for pigmented leather.
- Use a cotton bud or toothpick to apply a small amount of Ink Away to the ink mark. Take care to use the product only on the stained area.
- Gently massage the product into the ink mark. DO NOT rub or scrub. Rubbing will cause the product to bleach colour from the leather.
- Clean the area with Leather Soft Cleaner to remove all traces of Ink Away.
- Allow the leather to dry for 30 minutes.
- Apply Leather Protection Cream.
This product works better on fresh marks. It should be used as soon as possible after the accident has happened. For older ink stains we recommend Super Cleaner.