Lead-acid batteries are used in the SpeedClean CoilJet, and there are several ways to maintain them and extend their lifespan:
- Keep the battery charged: It's important to make sure the battery stays charged, as discharging it too much can shorten its lifespan. If you're not using your CoilJet regularly, it's a good idea to charge the battery at least every few weeks.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, can be hard on lead-acid batteries. If possible, store your CoilJet in a cool, dry place to help extend the battery's lifespan.
- Clean the battery regularly: Dirt, corrosion, and other debris can build up on the battery over time, which can shorten its lifespan. Clean the battery terminals and cables with a solution of baking soda and water to help remove any build-up.
- Avoid deep discharges: Repeatedly fully discharging a lead-acid battery can significantly shorten its lifespan. If possible, try to avoid using the battery all the way down.
- Use the smart battery charger provided with the unit. The provided charger is specifically designed to optimise the life of the lead-acid battery.
Make sure to follow recommendations found in your User Manual for all maintenance and servicing of the machine. This will help ensure that you get the best performance and longest lifespan from your battery.