- Pre-vacuuming of all areas to be cleaned is recommended prior to beginning cleaning procedures.
- Always pre-test all cleaning solutions in an inconspicuous area for colorfastness prior to application.
- Select the right pre-spray/preconditioner/traffic lane cleaner based on fiber content, traffic and soiling conditions, and cleaning frequency.
- For increased efficiency, apply pre-sprays/preconditioners/traffic lane cleaners with a Hydroforce injection sprayer to take advantage of solution pressure and heat created by your high-performance Razorback portable extractor or Hydramaster truckmount. You can also use a "pump-up" pressure sprayer or electric or battery powered sprayer. Apply in even overlapping patterns.
- For faster cleaning and thorough distribution and agitation of pre-sprays/preconditioners/traffic lane cleaners, consider using a rotary scrubber with a soft carpet brush or for manual agitation a grandi groom.
- As a general rule set your solution flow meter on your truckmount or auto-fill portable extractor to the 2-3 gph setting with your carpet extraction detergent or neutralizing acid rinse.
- For faster cleaning, reduced fatigue, and more effective soil removal, extract with the RX-20 Rotary Extraction Tool. In furniture, dense environments use the Evolution cleaning wand.
- It is recommended that you apply Carpet Protector a minimum of after every second extraction cleaning or once every 12-18 months, whichever comes first. Higher traffic and soiling conditions may require more frequent application.
- For faster drying, especially in humid environments, consider the use of cotton bonnets with your rotary scrubber and/or air movers after cleaning.