Bridgepoint Dye-Loc is a water-based fixing agent for direct and reactive dyes.
Bridgepoint Dye-Loc significantly improves both wash fastness and crock fastness of dyed cellulosic and protein fabrics and their blends.
It actually locks fugitive dyestuff at the molecular level without affecting the light fastness of the dye. Tests show that after one treatment with Dye-Loc, dyestuff will not easily migrate at future cleanings. Dye-Loc also provides an anti-static quality to the treated textile.
Procedure for Cleaning Oriental Rugs that may bleed.
- Test rug for colorfastness. Pretest the procedure below on a small section of the rug before proceeding.
- If you think the rug may bleed, add 30ml Dye-Loc per litre of warm water.
- Apply with a professional sprayer.
- Prespray rug with Fabric Prespray diluted 1 to 8 with warm water.
- Rinse and extract with up to 30ml Dye-Loc per litre in your rinse water.
Test textile (fabric) for colorfastness.
- If bleeding is not instantaneous, pre-spray with Bridgepoint Fabric Prespray, agitate, then add 30ml Dye-Loc per litre of warm/hot water and extract through the machine as normal. Quick dry.
- If bleeding is instantaneous, pre-spray fabric with Dye-Loc (30ml Dye-Loc per litre of warm/hot water). Dry foam application with Bridgepoint Fabric Shampoo, then agitate with a natural sponge. Extract with Dye-Loc as described above.
Dilution Ratios: 30ml/Ltr RTU pH: 7.5 Contains: 3.78Lts