3M™ 60921 P100/Organic Vapor Cartridge/Filter (PR)
- Great for mold and fire remediation
- Organic vapor relief
- For use with 3M 5000, 6000, 7000, and 7500 series masks
Professional contractors looking for respiratory protection against certain organic vapors and particulates will appreciate these high-quality organic vapor cartridge/P100 cartridge/filters from 3M. They are approved by NIOSH and can be used for a variety of applications, including petrochemical and chemical processing, utilities, pharmaceuticals, mining and primary metals. The swept-back design offers enhanced comfort, visibility, and balance.
When properly fitted, these filters also provide respiratory protection from certain organic vapors as well as non-oil and oil particulates
These cartridge/filters can help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (e.g., mold, Bacillus anthracis, Avian Influenza Viruses, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.) but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease.
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program should be implemented
- Ensure all workers are trained in the selection use and maintenance of all PPE provided and that the use of respiratory protection is in accordance with AS/NZS 1715, Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
- Time Use Limitations: Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.