Unsmoke Unsoot™ #2 Seals and protects surfaces with long-lasting film that is protected against mold, mildew, and bacterial growth
When dry, Unsoot #2 creates a coating that resists microbial growth for up to two years. Apply on furnace ducts and vents or other hard surfaces.
When a building suffers a water loss, it is necessary to clean and dry the structure as quickly as possible. This cleaning / drying /dehumidification process can be frustrated by air currents moving particulate contamination from soiled to clean surfaces. Unsoot #2 forms a protective coating that encapsulates these contaminants.
Buildings that are undergoing water restoration are also at risk of mold contamination until water levels are brought under control. The Unsoot #2 coating is fortified with an additive that prevents mold contamination from forming on it for two years. Note that Unsoot #2 is not registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency as a germicidal agent. The copper additive in Unsoot #2 protects the final film from being attacked by microbes and is thus becomes a treated article.
- Unsmoke Unsoot #2 Encapsulant
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as specified in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Supplies: Empty 5-gallon pail, measuring cup, adequate supply of clean cloths and a plastic bag for the storage of soiled cloths, measuring cup
- Equipment: airless paint sprayer
TO PREVENT CROSS-CONTAMINATION OF AIRBORNE PARTICULATE DURING STRUCTURAL DRYING & DEHUMIDIFICATION OPERATIONS:
- Thoroughly clean & decontaminate affected surfaces.
- Shake well before using. Prepare a ready to use solution of Unsoot #2 by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon (200 ml/L). This solution will be quite viscous so apply it with an airless paint sprayer.
- Apply to structural materials, voids, cracks and crevices.
- Covers 500 square feet per gallon (12 square meters per liter) when applied with airless paint sprayer.
PROCEDURE FOR USE AS A PROTECTIVE SEALANT IN HVAC SYSTEMS
- Stop all fans, blowers and motors.
- Isolate section of ductwork to be cleaned. Maintain service area under sufficient negative pressure to remove particulate.
- Remove all register vents.
- Remove loose debris with industrial vacuum and/or high pressure air
- Clean interior of ductwork as far as physically possible.
- Shake well before using. Prepare a ready to use solution of Unsoot #2 by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon (200 ml/L).
- Adjust application equipment to moderate mist. Increase the amount of product used on insulated ducts by as much as 50% to 250 square feet per gallon (24 square meters per liter).
- Begin application at furthest entry point and work towards blower. Seal first entry point with cheese cloth. Seal all other entry points with plastic film.
- Activate blower to dry and set application.
- Remove plastic film and cheese cloth. Replace registers.
- Check all PPE for damage. Repair or replace as needed.
- Clean the outside of the spraying equipment to remove soot and soils. This will help to prevent cross-contamination and will maintain your professional image on the next job.
- Rinse containers and dispensing equipment to remove product residues and waste water. Be sure to dispose waste water properly. Never dispose into surface waters, on the ground or into a storm drain.
- Flush the sprayer with detergent and then rinse with water to remove any product residue. Empty water from the sprayer, especially in cold climates where freezing is possible.
- Wash hands after using the product.
- Keep children and pets away from chemical products, equipment and the work area.
- • Read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any chemical product before using it. You can obtain the MSDSs for ProRestore Products from your distributor or from ProRestoreProducts.com
- Be sure electrical equipment including plugs and extension cords are in good condition.
- Be sure to wipe any surfaces where there has been a spill of the product
- Wash hands after using the product.
- Be sure to use personal protective equipment. Depending on the nature of the damage in the building, this could include hard hats, heavy soled shoes, full protective suits or aprons. In every instance when spraying solutions overhead or in your breathing zone you should use eye protection, gloves and respiratory protection.
- Unsoot #2 has a low level (0.44%) of volatile organic solvent. This solvent evaporates quickly and will not be present after the room is ventilated. The polymers that comprise the final film are not volatile and will not off gas. The copper additive become trapped in the final film and will not leach into the living space.
UNSOOT #2 TECHNICAL DATA
- Sold as Case of four 1 gallon (3.8 L) bottles
- Re-order number 251752000 case
- Appearance Opaque pale green liquid
- Odor Odorless Flash point 217° | 103° C
- Specific gravity 1.05
- Density 8.7 pounds per gallon
- pH of concentrate 6.9
- VOC content - 2% by weight in concentrate. - 4.4 grams per liter for 1:5 ready to use solution
- Phosphate content None
- Non volatile matter 3%
- Storage Keep from freezing
- Water solubility 100%
- Flame spread (per ASTM E84) Zero
- Smoke Generation (per ASTM E84) Zero
|Unit Of Measure||1Gal|