Tramex Professional Pin Type Wood Meter Masket Kit - PTMMK5.1
Pin Type Moisture Meter For Wood And Wood By-products
BUILT-IN CALIBRATION FOR 500+ WOOD SPECIES
The Tramex Professional Pin Meter PTM 2.0 is a hand-held, digital, pin-type resistance moisture meter designed to take precise measurements of moisture content in wood and relative drywall readings.
The PTM2.0 provides comparative WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings in wood by-products and other building products. The Professional PTM 2.0 wood moisture meter has built-in standard calibrations, specific calibration for over 500 wood species and adjustable temperature correction.
- Built-in calibration for 500+ wood species or standard calibration selection.
- Wide moisture content range: 6 - 46% and digital readout to 0.1% accuracy
- Adjustable temperature correction
- Built-in calibrations checks for confirmed accuracy
- Reading ‘Hold’ facility
- Save up to 100 readings for max, min, average and standard deviation statistics
- Colour LCD screen with brightness adjustment for low-light operation
- Heavy-duty, light-weight aluminium construction
- Built-in pins and optional external handheld and hammer probes available
- PTM2.0 - Professional Pin Moisture Meter
- Heavy-duty pin-type wood probe.
- Heavy-duty hammer pin-type wood probe.
- Heavy-duty carrying case with die-cut foam lining.
When wood and wood by-products are installed at the correct moisture content for the environment in which they will be used, the risk of swelling or shrinkage is minimized. If it is installed too wet and dries in service the result will be shrinkage and distortion. If it is installed too dry it could gain moisture, which could result in swelling.
Using a good quality moisture meter is the most practical way of ensuring the wood is at the correct moisture level for its intended use. Knowing the actual moisture level also enables efficient processing to be carried out, such as milling, machining, gluing, laminating, spraying and hand painting. The Professional PTM 2.0 fulfills all these requirements.
The Professional PTM 2.0 moisture meter works on the principle of DC resistance. When the electrode pins are pressed or driven into the wood, the electrical resistance between the electrodes is measured. If the wood is dry, the resistance is high. If moisture is present in the wood the electrical resistance between the pins changes.
The higher the moisture content the greater the reduction in resistance. The level of resistance is accurately measured by the instrument, which translates it into a moisture value. This is a percentage of dry weight moisture content for wood; comparative drywall reading values; and a WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent reference) value for many other building materials.
|Size:||7¼" x 3" x 1¼" (18.5mm x 7.5mm x 2.8mm)|
|Power:||4 x AAA Batteries (included)|
|Display:||Digital / Backlit|
|Preset wood species:||500+|
|Wood moisture content:||6 to 46 % WME|
|(Ref) reference scale for building materials:||0 to 100|
|Drywall reference scale:||0 to 8.5|