SurfaceShield creates a long-lasting surface film that is protected against mold, mildew, and bacterial growth.
Developed as a tool for improving indoor air quality, SurfaceShield creates a long-lasting surface film which creates a barrier on treated surfaces that inhibits the growth of mold and mildew.
- The film also encapsulates particulates, helping to prevent redestribution and cross-contamination in the restored environment.
- SurfaceShield is suitable for use on wood, paper, gypsum board, plastic, metal, glass and fiberglass. Use in elevator shafts, crawl spaces, return air plenums, HVAC system components and ductwork, new construction, microbial remediation and water damage restoration.
The indoor air quality in any building can be degraded any number of ways. This is true even for buildings still under construction. In the example of new construction, moisture can enter the building until roofing, walls, doors and windows are completely installed. This moisture promotes mold growth. Beyond mold contamination, numerous sources of particulate matter exist. These sources include residues from drywall sanding, from dust, and from concrete debris.
Surface Shield is a patented formulation; it forms a coating that traps contaminants. The Surface Shield coating is fortified with an additive that prevents mold contamination from forming on it for up to two years.
Surface Shield is compatible with a variety of surfaces including wood, paper, gypsum, plastic, metal, glass and fiberglass. The product can be used in various portions of a building including elevator shafts, crawl spaces, return air plenums, and ductwork. Surface Shield is suitable for use in residences, commercial buildings, institutions, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes or wherever cleanliness is required.
- Surface Shield
- Microban Disinfectant Spray Plus, Microban Germicidal Cleaner or other suitable antimicrobial. Be sure to use any disinfectant exactly according to label directions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as specified in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Supplies: Empty 5-gallon pail, measuring cup, adequate supply of clean cloths and a plastic bag for the storage of soiled cloths, applicators such as paint rollers as needed
- Equipment: airless paint sprayer, cleaning equipment as needed such as vacuum cleaner with HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter.
- New construction: Remove visible mold from new lumber prior to installation by HEPA vacuuming and damp wiping affected material with suitable antimicrobial
- Water Damage Restoration and Remediation: Prior to use, all water leaks must be repaired and any residual standing water removed. Areas with visible fungal contamination or water staining should be removed whenever practical.
- When removal of water damaged materials is impractical the surfaces should be vacuumed with a vacuum cleaner equipped with HEPA filter and then damp wiped with a suitable antimicrobial.
- SurfaceShield is a final wash cleansing solution which may be brushed, rolled, painted or wiped onto affected surfaces.
To help reduce the redistribution of airborne particulates and cross-contamination during structural drying and dehumidification
operations, follow these instructions:
- Thoroughly clean & decontaminate affected surfaces. All water leaks must be repaired and any residual standing water absorbed.
- Shake well before using. Prepare a ready-to-use solution of Surface Shield by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon. (200 ml/L). This solution will be quite viscous so apply it with an airless paint sprayer.
- Apply to structural materials, including voids, cracks and crevices.
- Covers 500 square feet per gallon (12 square meters per liter) when applied with airless paint sprayer.
PROCEDURE FOR USE AS A PROTECTIVE SEALANT IN HVAC SYSTEMS
- Stop all fans, blowers and motors.
- Isolate section of ductwork to be cleaned. Maintain service area under sufficient negative pressure to remove particulate.
- Remove all register vents.
- Remove loose debris with industrial vacuum and/or high pressure air
- Clean interior of ductwork as far as physically possible.
- Shake well before using. Prepare a ready-to-use solution of Surface Shield by mixing 26 ounces of concentrate with enough water to make one gallon (200 ml/L).
- Adjust application equipment to moderate mist. Increase the amount of product used on insulated ducts by as much as 50% to 250 square feet per gallon (24 square meters per liter).
- Begin application at furthest entry point and work towards blower. Seal first entry point with cheese cloth. Seal all other entry points with plastic film.
- Activate blower to dry and set application.
- Remove plastic film and cheese cloth. Replace registers.
- Check all PPE for damage. Repair or replace as needed.
- Clean the outside of the spraying equipment to remove soot and soils. This will help to prevent cross-contamination and will maintain your professional image on the next job.
- Rinse containers and dispensing equipment to remove product residues and waste water. Be sure to dispose waste water properly. Never dispose into surface waters, on the ground or into a storm drain.
- Flush the sprayer with detergent and then rinse with water to remove any product residue. Empty water from the sprayer, especially in cold climates where freezing is possible.
- Wash hands after using the product.
- Keep children and pets away from chemical products, equipment and the work area.
- Read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any chemical product before using it. You can obtain the MSDSs for ProRestore Products from your distributor or from ProRestoreProducts.com
- Be sure electrical equipment including plugs and extension cords are in good condition.
- Be sure to wipe any surfaces where there has been a spill of the product • Wash hands after using the product.
- Be sure to use personal protective equipment. Depending on the nature of the damage in the building, this could include hard hats, heavy soled shoes, full protective suits or aprons. In every instance when spraying solutions overhead or in your breathing zone you should use eye protection, gloves and respiratory protection.
UNSOOT #2 TECHNICAL DATA
- Sold as Case of four 1 gallon (3.8 L) bottles
- Re-order number 251752000 case
- Appearance Opaque pale green liquid
- Odor Odorless
- Specific gravity 1.05
- Density 8.7 pounds per gallon
- pH of concentrate 6.9
- VOC content
- - 2% by weight in concentrate.
- - 4.4 grams per liter for 1:5 ready to use solution
- Phosphate content None
- Non volatile matter 3%
- Storage Keep from freezing
- Water solubility 100%
- Flame Spread (per ASTM E84) Zero
- Smoke Generation (per ASTM E84) Zero
|Unit Of Measure||1Gal|