DefendAir HEPA 500 Product Overview
With user-friendly and versatile features, the DefendAir HEPA 500 is ideal for handling indoor air quality needs on every job. The DefendAir HEPA 500 uses true HEPA filter media with an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3-micron oily aerosol particles. The DefendAir HEPA 500's rotomoulded design is stackable, lightweight, offers superior durability and is impregnated with Microban® antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of odours and stain causing bacteria, mould and mildew. Incorporating variable speed airflow control, the incoming contaminated air and outgoing cleaned air can be be ducted to meet your requirements.
Boost HEPA 500 functionality by adding the activated charcoal filter to capture a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including soot and smoke, food odours, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odours, and many other compounds.
Features & Benefits
- Advanced - true HEPA - filtration technology
- HEPA filter change indicator
- Range of pre-filters available including activated charcoal for odour removal
- Stackable, lightweight, and easily transportable
- Ductable to suit requirements
- 2 years - limited product warranty
- Air Purification
- Odour Removal
- Dust removal
- Mould Remediation
- Containment/Negative air
Not only is an air scrubber an essential tool when handling 'dirty' jobs such as those involving sewage or mould, but it's also great for removing harmful particulates that have been stirred up by airmovers used during 'clean' drying of leaks and spills. The HEPA 500 works fast: one unit running at maximum speed will generate more than seven air changes per hour in a 100 M³ room, and helps to restore any environment to a pre-loss condition fast - the ultimate goal of every restoration job.
Use an air scrubber to improve everyday indoor air quality, increasing productivity and reducing the incidence of asthma and other illnesses in office workspaces and public buildings; to eliminate stale air pockets; or to purify air and remove lingering odours after cleaning, moisture intrusion, fire and smoke damage or sewage back-up. High-efficiency filtration also helps improve the air quality during construction and renovations or after installation of new carpets, etc.
Multiple filter options for expanded applications and versatility
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtering configuration for the job at hand.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||(no filter necessary)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 orAC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||1st Stage Pre-Filter (F270)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 orAC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||(no filter necessary)||DOP Pre-Filter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397) or OdorKlenz Air (AR70)||2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 orAC36F2)||HEPA filter (F321)|
- 1st Stage Pre-Filter (F270). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 10% efficiency. Captures the largest particles to help extend the life of the higher efficiency filters inside. More info.
- 2nd Stage Pre-Filter (F271 or AC36F2). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 30% efficiency. Captures larger particles to help extend the life of the HEPA filter. More info.
- DOP Stage 2 Pre-Filter (F415). Use of the DOP filter ensures laboratory-rated performance for sensitive jobs requiring first-pass HEPA filtration. More info.
- Activated Carbon Filter (F397). The activated carbon filter allows the removal of a wide variety of compounds, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors. Combining activated carbon filtration with HEPA filtration is especially effective in removing airborne soot particles and the odors they create. More info
- OdorKlenz-Air® (AR70) is a non-invasive odor restoration process used by restoration contractors after fires, floods, sewer back-ups, and other disasters to rapidly restore indoor air quality. The OdorKlenz-Air Cartridge installs in portable air scrubbers and treats the odor-polluted air as it passes through the system. Since the process removes and destructively absorbs airborne odor-causing molecules and retains them inside the cartridge, it is safer and greener than other odor treatment methods which generate or release chemicals and fragrances into the environment.
- HEPA filter (F321). The HEPA filter has an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles. The HEPA filtration standard was developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories. More info.
- SUPPLY VOLTAGE: 230 V
- SPEEDS: Variable
- MAX RATED AIRFLOW: 713 M³ / Hour
- MIN RATED AIRFLOW: 562 M³ / Hour
- FILTRATION PERFORMANCE: 99.97% of 0.3 micron particulates
- FILTER SYSTEM: true HEPA technology
- AMP DRAW: 1.5 A
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 0.35 KW / Hour
- DIMENSIONS H × W × D : 62.5 × 66.5 × 46.2 cm
- USE WEIGHT : 19.9 KG
- CONTROLS : variable switch
- HOUSING: Rotomoulded polyethylene
- STACKABLE : Yes
- CABLE WRAP / STORAGE: Yes
- POWER CORD LENGTH: 7.6 M
- PLUG TYPE: 3 Pin BS1363
- SAFETY MARK: CE
- PRODUCT WARRANTY: 2 Years – Limited
- HOUSING WARRANTY: Lifetime
|Unit Of Measure||Each|